Superlative ski area!
In the winter too Ahorn and Penken share the Alpine pleasure, fun and action, hearts pounding and racing. Dreamy descents, cotton soft wide pistes - the Ahorn offers a snow-white paradise for 'Sunday riders', children and beginner skiers. Here winter hikers can walk their way to peak form when they investigate the mountain on the panorama circular path. Sun-worshippers chill on lounge stools to lounge music and in the White Lounge igloo village romantics especially just melt away.
Those of you who want to really get your heart-rate racing meet on the Penken - the terrain of thrills for hard-baked winter athletes. With a 78% drop the Harakiri, Austria's steepest prepared piste lives up to its name. Little tip to warm up: go training for a short while beforehand on the No. 17, the Devil's Run. And with the Vans Penken Park, 'European Snowpark of the year 2010', the action mountain also knows how to captivate snowboarders!
Ski area in Mayrhofen: the highlights
- 159 kilometres of pistes
- 53 state of the art facilities, among them Austria's biggest gondola: the Ahornbahn
- White Lounge: Igloo village with hotel and party location
- Vans Penken Park for freestylers & boarders
- Harakiri – the steepest descent in Austria
- 3S Penkenbahn - quality improvement by the new building. From winter 2015/16!
Benefits of the Penkenbahn:
• Shorter waiting times
• Separate entrance for ski schools with children
• Quick and convenient ride to the ski resort in just 8.2 minutes
• 24 comfortable seats per gondola• Transport capacity of max. 3,840 passengers per hour
• Large storage areas at the summit and bottom stations
• 33 gondolas with WLAN access